Hôtel de la Mairie
Your stopover on the roads of the Alps
Welcome to Embrun, emblematic place of the Hautes-Alpes
The Hôtel de la Mairie is a 3-star Logis de France establishment located in the historic center of Embrun, in the heart of the Hautes-Alpes. Its location makes it an ideal stopover for all travelers traveling in the Alps.
This comfortable and authentic hotel, close to all amenities, offers a charming setting.
The hotel’s restaurant stands out for its traditional and local cuisine, prepared with fresh market produce. In addition to its standard facilities, the hotel offers a private room of 38 m², suitable for both professional events such as seminars and family occasions such as birthdays, baptisms and meetings with friends.
Discover a hotel specializing in welcoming road enthusiasts:
Whether you are traveling by motor vehicles or bicycle, the Hôtel de la Mairie welcomes you with services adapted to your needs. We welcome all types of vehicles; sports, collection, brands, hybrids, four, three and two wheels.
You have access to a secure private parking to park your car, motorcycle or bicycle.
Our team will be able to provide you with itinerary suggestions tailored to your preferences, up-to-date weather information, as well as recommendations on activities to discover in the area. In addition to secure parking, you will have the option of receiving a cleaning and maintenance kit. Throughout your stay, our team will be happy to accommodate your special needs.
Your establishment with the Accueil Vélo label
The Vélo reception label assures the cyclist that he is staying in an establishment which:
- Is located less than 5 km from a cycle path
- Offers equipment suitable for cyclists such as a secure bike shelter and a repair kit
- Offers a warm welcome with practical information, advice, suggested itineraries, weather forecasts, etc.
- Provides services specifically designed for bicycle travelers, such as baggage transfer, laundry and drying services, and bicycle rental and washing.
The Logis Hôtel de la Mairie offers rooms that are both soft and refined, including a room specially designed for people with reduced mobility.
The rooms are spread over 4 floors, accessible up to the 3rd floor thanks to an elevator. They offer all the necessary comfort with a private bathroom equipped with a shower or bathtub, a hairdryer and welcome products. Each room also has a toilet, a telephone and a television with access to Canal +.
A gourmet break
After a day exploring the roads of the Alps, there’s nothing like a gourmet stopover. The Chef of the restaurant offers you a tasty culinary experience, whether indoors or on the terrace.
The cuisine, centered on local Haut-Alpes products, is carefully prepared and meets the standards of the Hautes-Alpes label Naturally, guaranteeing quality, seasonal dishes from short circuits.
The restaurant room, opening onto a sunny terrace overlooking a square in downtown Embrun, allows you to enjoy your meal inside or outside depending on the season.
The Hôtel*** de la Mairie in Embrun is an ideal stopover for exploring exceptional itineraries popular with bicycle, motorcycle and car enthusiasts. Here is a non-exhaustive list of circuits appreciated by road and landscape enthusiasts:
- Route des Grandes-Alpes: 700 km route starting in Thonon-les- Bains and ending in Menton, the Route des Grandes-Alpes winds through the highest Alpine peaks offering a multitude of breathtaking landscapes. Accessible in 21 minutes from Embrun.
- Napoléon’s Route: 325 km route from Golfe-Juan to Grenoble, crossing picturesque villages such as Grasse, Castellane, Digne-les-Bains, Sisteron, Gap, Laffrey, and Grenoble.
- The Durance by Bike: 438 km route along the Durance valley, from Briançon to Avignon, ideal for cycle touring enthusiasts, with Embrun as a recommended stopover.
- Les Méans from Embrun via Puy Sanière: a 12.3 km route with a positive altitude difference of 501 meters.
- Route des Puys itinerary: a journey of 44.1 km with an elevation gain of 956 meters.
- Along the Embrun lake: an easy route of 2.57 km with a maximum elevation gain of 784 meters.
- Col de Vars: a legendary pass of 19.4 km up to 2,109 meters above sea level, used by the Tour de France and accessible to cycling enthusiasts.